Perkedel Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters). Indonesian Corn Fritters (also known as bakwan jagung or perkedel jagung) are surprisingly easy to make with everyday ingredients. Packed with juicy corn kernels and zingy flavour from kaffir lime and ground spices, these Indonesian corn fritters are crispy, crunchy, and totally addictive! Learn all the tips you need to make the best Indonesian perkedel jagung / bakwan jagung/ dadar jagung.
A paradise of golden sand, temples and sunshine, Indonesia's Island of the Gods, is also a gastronomic heaven. Blessed with an abundance of fresh produce and a culinary culture that's a fine fusion of indigenous tradition, bold Indonesian flavours and a smattering of Indian influence, I'm fairly convinced Bali's deities. Corn Fritters - Perkedel Jagung: Corn fritters are not only popular in the United States but also in Indonesia. You can cook Perkedel Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Perkedel Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters)
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh corn kernels.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of maizena.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of powdered broth (I used non-MSG kind).
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
This sweet and savory snack is known as Bakwan Jagung or Perkedel Jagung. Bakwan Jagung or Perkedel Jagung is one of the most famous street foods throughout Indonesia and is popular in the mornings, daytime and also makes for a. In a bowl, lightly pound corn, then add in spice paste mixing until well combined. Add in Chinese leeks, then add in the rice flour and toss to coat evenly.
Perkedel Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters) step by step
- Combine all ingredients save from oil. Mix well and wait for 5 - 10 minutes. If the combination is too runny, add more flour. If it is too dense, add more water..
- Heat the oil. Using low to medium heat, scoop some batter to the oil. Flip them once in a while until golden..
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Add in beaten egg and stir until well blended. Deep-fried Perkedel Jagung - Sweetcorn fritters What to serve with the sweet corn fritters. Traditionally, Indonesians have sweetcorn fritters as a side dish. Although they go along well with literally any dish, my mom normally makes them as a companion for Sweet Soy Chicken dish, stir-fry dishes, or any soupy/ curry dishes. But you can also have the corn fritters as a snack along with your.Category: Recipe