Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis. This is a very popular sweet treat in Indonesia. Every one loves Martabak Manis, a very thick "pancake" with the traditional filling are chocolate sprinkle, crush peanut, sesame seed, condense milk combine in one or cheese and condense milk. This recipe a little bit tricky because it should have a tiny hollow.
Martabak Manis is one kind of pancake for Indonesian people. Usually it is made with iron pan, and it is very greasy and fatty (but it tastes nyummy!) There. Add sugar into a bowl of warm milk and stir until dissolved. You can have Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis
- It's 150 gr of Plain Flour high fibre.
- You need 50 gr of Caster sugar.
- Prepare tbs of Salt.
- It's 1 of egg.
- It's 1 tbs of Vanilla.
- You need 2 tbs of milk powder.
- You need 1 tbs of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbs of baking soda.
- You need of Almond flake.
- It's of Toblerone.
- You need of Cheese.
In Jakarta and West Java, Indonesia, these sweet, thick pancakes are known as "martabak manis" ("sweet martabak"). Other Indonesians call the pancakes as "terang bulan" or "kue pinang bangka". Usually made by street vendors in the evening, martabak manis are pan-cooked in a very large amount of shortening. In a bowl, whisk together plain flour, baking powder and salt.
Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis step by step
- Mixed flour, salt, caster sugar and water 200ml. Mixed egg, baking powder, baking soda, water 100ml. Mixed together. Set aside for 1 hour then put in the pan, low heat..
- Leave it until the bubble came out into the surface then springkle with sugar..
- Prepare your filling. You can use as in the recipe or you can just adjust with your taste like using Nutella, Toblerone, Cadbury, cream cheese and Oreo..
Well, just like American with their American Pancake pancake, the French with their Crepes, and the rest of the world with whatever. Indonesian has their own version of pancake, Martabak Manis (Sweet Pancake). Indonesians usually have Martabak for supper shared with families or friends. Trust me, you wouldn't want to. After much contemplation, I settled on Martabak Manis (Coklat Keju), loosely translated to Sweet Indonesian Thick Pancake (Chocolate & Cheese).Category: Recipe