Christmas special Sugar Cookies.
You can have Christmas special Sugar Cookies using 8 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas special Sugar Cookies
- You need 200 grams or 1 cup of butter (unsalted) placed in a normal temp.
- It's 200 grams /or 1 cup +1 tablespoon of sugar( more to sprinkle).
- You need 2 +3/4 cups of All purpose flour.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- You need 2 of eggs (one whole and one white only).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red food coloring.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Christmas special Sugar Cookies step by step
- Keep all the ingredients ready before starting..
- In a mixer, combine softened butter, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla essence..
- Make a soft dough by mixing well..
- Now, beat an egg in the grinder and blend again..
- Transfer the mixture to a dish and add in flour or maida in batches to make a soft dough..
- Divide the dough into two parts..
- Add in 1 teaspoon of red colour to one part of the dough and mix well to incorporate the colour to the dough..
- Now place both the portion of the dough into two separate polythene bags and place them in the refrigerator for 2 hours..
- After two hours, take out both portions of the dough from the refrigerator..
- It's the turn to make the cookies..
- Lay the baking seat in a baking tray..
- Take two small balls (red and white) from the dough. Spread a little flour on the working surface, make a long finger-like shape from the balls..
- Now fold the fingers together, twisting them like a rope from one side. You can better understand from the picture. Make it 4-5 inches long..
- Now make a hook by folding one side of the cookie..
- That way, make all the cookies and keep them in the tray. Sprinkle some sugar on the cookies..
- Take the white part of an egg on a plate. Mix 1 tablespoon water and blend well..
- Brush the egg white mixture to the cookies and then sprinkle some sugar..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes..
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes..
- When the sides of the cookies are little brown then take them out of the oven..
- Leave in the tray for 10-12 minutes to cool..
- These cookies can be decorated in a nice Christmas tree. As delicious as it is to eat, so beautiful to look at..