You can cook Chestnut Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chestnut Soup
- You need 1 Tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of carrot finely chopped.
- It's 1 of celery stalk finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped shallots.
- It's 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 (300 gram) of can peeled chestnuts. Fresh roasted and peeled is best.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of berry cordial. (I use home brewed).
- You need 1 Tbs of cinnamon and nutmeg mix.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Chestnut Soup instructions
- Melt the butter with oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, chestnuts and shallots; cook, stiring occasionally untill the vegetables are very tender. Stir in vegetable stock..
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg mix. Stir thru to cover all vegetables. In 2 batches puree the soup in a blender untill smooth..
- Return to the soup to the pan and mix in the milk and the berry cordial. Stir gently over medium heat untill heated through. Season to taste. Serve with your favourite homemade bagel🤗.