Pea soup. Blitz up a vibrant blend of green pea soup for a light summer starter or lunch. This vegetable pairs well with mint, watercress, courgettes, pesto and prosciutto. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up!
My family considered this soup as an all-time comfort food. A simple pea soup makes an elegant start to a spring meal. It's also a great way to use frozen vegetables when the produce section is looking bleak. You can cook Pea soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pea soup
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken stock.
- It's 2 cups of cooked or canned peas.
- It's 1 cup of cold water.
- It's 1/2 of onion.
- You need Sprig of parsley.
- It's 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
- It's 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Celery salt.
Pea soup takes time to make, but mostly cooks unattended. You can start it on a weekend when you're around the house, early in the afternoon, and make enough for a few days' worth of leftovers. This is a fabulous "throw it all in the slow cooker" Pea and Ham soup. There's no need to cook the onion separately - it "sautés" itself.
Pea soup step by step
- Put aside one third of peas.
- Add remainder to water stock and seasoning and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Press through a sieve.
- Add butter.
- Let boil few minutes then add 1/2 and 1/2 and remaining peas which have been heated double boiler.
- Serve very hot with little whipped cream and paprika.
Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. I had been eating split pea soup for at least half my life before I realized it was not traditionally a A lot of vegetarian split pea soups add potatoes for bulk, but I find it only further mutes a muted soup's. This easy pea soup recipe is one you'll make time and again when you're in a rush. The recipe scales up easily and freezes well, so there's no reason not to make loads.Category: Recipe