beef semur. Semur is an Indonesian type of meat stew (mainly beef), that is braised in thick brown gravy commonly found in Indonesian cuisine. The main ingredient used in semur gravy is sweet soy sauce, shallots, onions, garlic, ginger, candlenut, nutmeg and cloves, sometimes pepper, coriander, cumin and cinnamon might be added. Sweet soy sauce is the most important ingredient in the Semur-making process.
Add the semur spice paste and cook until fragrant and brown. Stir it fried for a few seconds. Slice steak thinly and set aside. You can have beef semur using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of beef semur
- You need 1 kg of tenderloin (beef).
- It's 2 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 large of carrot.
- You need 10 small of beans.
- Prepare 2 large of brocolli.
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce (kecap) not salty soy sauce like japanese or korean soy sauce, but the taste is sweet and the texture is thick, and u can found it in the asian market.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It's 2 large of tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 10 of quail eggs (boil it for about 8 minutes,peel it,set aside).
- You need of spices (make like puree,u can use blender or chopper).
- It's 6 clove of garlic.
- You need 5 clove of shallot.
- You need 1/2 large of onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hazelnut (kemiri).
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
Brown the onions, garlic,ginger and candle nuts in the peanut oil. Beef semur from West-Java (Daging semur) I. The main ingredient used in semur gravy is kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), shallots, onions, garlic, ginger, candlenut, nutmeg and cloves, sometimes pepper, coriander, cumin and cinnamon might be added. Soy sauce is the most important ingredient in the Semur-making process.
beef semur step by step
- boil 1 liter water with beef tenderloin,until the meat is tender. u can test it using the fork. chop the meat for about 3 cm. set aside the beef stock in the bowl..
- prepare the pot , add 3 tsp olive oil or unsalted butter. add the puree spices. saute the puree until the color is changing until golden brown and smells good. add soy sauce,wait until soy sauce is caramelized,stir it, add the beef stock,wait until it's boiling. add chopped tenderloin. cover the pot. wait for about 8 minutes..
- peel the potatoes,chopped like artificial crabmeat size. add into the boiling beef broth and meat. add the tomato ketchup,stir it,and cover it again..
- peel the carrots,cut like artificial crab size. cut the bean same size like the carrots. cut the brocolli. prepare the boiling water,add a pinch of salt. boil the carrot for about 5 minutes or until it soft but not to soft,u can taste it soft but still crunchy. boil the bean about 4 minutes,until soft but still crunchy, so does the brocolli boil it until soft but still crunchy. set aside,put it in a plate..
- check the semur in the pot. taste it,add the salt, and sugar. add the tomatoes. cover it again,wait until the beef stock / sauce is thick, not too thick but not too watery either. last,add the boiling quail eggs. mix it, served it..
- u can served the beef semur with the vegetables stew. hope u'll like it and understand my recipes :p i'm so sorry if my english is bad.. cheers :).
Semur ayam is a chicken and potato dish stewed in spices, nutmeg, and kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce). The taste is very bold, the chicken and potatoes tender and succulent, and you will want to mop up all the sauce with a big bowl of steamed white rice. So, what I made is originally called "beef semur". There also "chicken semur", "tofu semur" and "egg semur". Same herbs, spices, and seasoning, just different protein.Category: Recipe