Wedang Ronde Jahe - Traditional Dumplings with Ginger Broth. Great recipe for Wedang Ronde Jahe - Traditional Dumplings with Ginger Broth.. Tangyuan is a chinese dessert, sweet glutinous rice balls with various filling such as peanuts, red bean paste, and sometimes even unfilled, served with hot ginger soup. Traditionally eaten during lantern festival, wedding day, winter soltice, or just a family reunion.
See recipes for Wedang Jahe - Indonesian ginger tea too. Wedang ronde is Indonesian version of tang yuan (汤圆). While the Chinese traditionally prepare tang yuan during winter solstice, Indonesian simply make this on a whim, though_ wedang ronde_ is best enjoyed in rainy seasons when the temperature dips. You can have Wedang Ronde Jahe - Traditional Dumplings with Ginger Broth using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wedang Ronde Jahe - Traditional Dumplings with Ginger Broth
- It's of Dumplings/Ronde.
- You need 700 grams of glutinuous flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- It's 100 grams of peanut.
- Prepare 1 of pandan leaves.
- Prepare of Kuah / Broth.
- Prepare 5 cup of water.
- It's 1 2/3 packages of coconut sugar.
- You need 2/3 of ginger.
- It's 2 of pandan leaves.
Wedang ronde is commonly stuffed with ground peanut and sugar. If you like a colorful presentation, you may want to divide your dough and add a. Tuna in Yellow Broth (TONGKOL KUAH KUNING). Wedang Ronde Jahe - Traditional Dumplings with Ginger Broth. glutinuous flour, water, peanut, pandan leaves, water, coconut sugar, ginger, pandan leaves. wedang ronde jahe.
Wedang Ronde Jahe - Traditional Dumplings with Ginger Broth instructions
- fry the peanuts without oil (sangrai) then smash them into small pieces.
- mix the flour with water evenly.
- take a small amount of the flour and flatten it on your hand.
- put some smashed peanut in the middle and warp it.
- now start to make the mixtures into a ball using hands.
- take a smaller amount of flour. Then make it into a ball using hands.
- redo the step 4 to 6 until the all the flour are used up.
- now let's start to make the broth. Cut the coconut sugar into small pieces.
- put all broth ingredients into a pot and heat them until the water is boiled.
- so let's go back to our Dumplings. Now using another pot, put the panda leaf and some water. Heat it up.
- after the water boils, put the flour balls into the pot and wait until they floats.
- the floating Dumplings mean they are done. You can take them and put them into the broth. Now we are ready to serve them!.
SOTO BETAWI KUAH SANTAN (SPICED SOUP). Wedang means drink and jahe means ginger, so the literal translation for wedang jahe is ginger drink, and of course, ginger is the first thing you will taste when you sip this drink. But it's not just ginger that's flavoring this drink, there are many other herbs and spices that all work beautifully together in this traditional drink. In Indonesia, an adapted version, called Wedang Ronde (Wedang in Javanese means beverage, and Ronde means round ball), is a popular food eaten during cold temperatures. The round colored balls of glutinous rice can be filled with crushed peanuts and sugar, or left plain and is served in a sweetened, mild ginger broth often boiled in fragrant.Category: Recipe