Roast Chicken for Christmas.
You can cook Roast Chicken for Christmas using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken for Christmas
- You need 1 of whole Chicken (about 1 kg).
- Prepare 10 grams of Salt (1% of the weight of the chicken).
- You need 4 grams of Coarsely ground black pepper (0.4% of the weight of the chicken).
- Prepare 1 of Garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage, oregano etc..
- You need 1 of to 2 stalks Celery.
- You need 1 of Plain flour, as needed.
- It's 1 of Vegetable oil, as needed.
Roast Chicken for Christmas instructions
- Wash the chicken carefully inside and out, and pat dry. I used a fairly small 1 kg bird this time..
- Mix salt, pepper and herbs of your choice together. I used a blend of garlic, rosemary, oregano and parsley..
- Rub the seasonings into the outside and inside of the bird well..
- Take care of the neck. Bend it forward so that it covers the neck cavity..
- Pull the skin on the top and bottom of the neck, and fold it over the neck as if to hide it. Secure with a toothpick..
- Close the other end. If you are adding stuffing to the chicken, do so now. I stuffed flavored boiled potatoes..
- Pul the skin on either side of the opening, and secure with toothpicks as shown in the photo..
- Secure the wings to the body with toothpicks..
- Line a baking sheet or tray with aluminium foil, and scatter chopped celery..
- Place the chicken on top, spread oil and sprinkle flour. Cover the chicken completely with aluminium foil..
- Roast the chicken in a preheated 200°C oven for one hour. Raise the temperature to 240°C, take off the foil and roast for another 30 minutes..
- Take out the toothpicks and decorate the legs with ribbon. Arrange vegetables around the chicken and it's done..