Ayam Rendang / Chicken Rendang. Chicken rendang is slow cooked and stewed in the rendang sauce and my chicken rendang recipe yields flavorful and tender chicken, with complex structure of flavors, with the intense aroma of the exotic spices. I love making chicken rendang at home. While it takes some time to prep and make the dish, the end result is so rewarding.
Rendang regularly shows up among the list of world's most delicious food, and if you have ever sink your teeth into the savory, spicy, and slowly braised rendang, you are sure to nod your head in agreement. Beef is probably the more popular rendang, but if you want a quicker meal, chicken rendang is definitely trailing in a close second. Once you have all the ingredients ready, cooking chicken rendang is quite straightforward. You can cook Ayam Rendang / Chicken Rendang using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ayam Rendang / Chicken Rendang
- It's 2 of Red Onions (bawang merah).
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic (bawang putih).
- It's 3 of chopped Lemongrass (serai).
- Prepare 2 inches of Ginger (halia).
- Prepare 2 inches of Galangal (lengkuas).
- Prepare 3 inches of Turmeric (kunyit hidup).
- You need of In the pan.
- You need 3 tbsp of Chilli Paste (cili giling).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Fennel Powder (jintan manis).
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Coriander Powder (ketumbar).
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Cumin Powder (jintan putih).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Kerisik.
- It's 1 cup of Coconut Milk (santan).
- Prepare 1 of whole Chicken (ayam).
- You need 1/3 of Palm Sugar or 2 tbsp Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Tamarind (asam jawa).
- You need Leaf of Turmeric (daun kunyit).
- It's Leaf of Kaffir Lime (daun limau purut).
Transfer the rendang paste to the pan with some cooking oil. Saute over low heat until it turns aromatic. It will take some time because we have added some water to blend the spices. Chicken Rendang, A Versatile Dish and The Perfect Nasi Lemak Accompaniment.
Ayam Rendang / Chicken Rendang instructions
- Add some water to the blender. Blend the first section of ingredients..
- Add the blended ingredients, chilli paste, the powders, kerisik, palm sugar, & tamarind.
- Cook for a bit, then add chicken.
- Pour in the coconut milk, mix, & let cook for a while.
- Add the leaves.
- Cook until the oil separates/floats to the top (pecah minyak).
Traditional Malaysian Chicken Rendang is also a dish that is extremely versatile. You can serve this flavourful rendang dish with steamed white or saffron rice, ketupat (a compressed rice cake) or lemang (glutinous rice cooked in bamboo tubes) and thick slices of bread. So much so you wouldn't want to eat the plain chicken rendang and curry anymore. This delicious dish has been a favourite among my […] Rendang ayam: chicken rendang. Rendang ayam goreng: fried chicken rendang.Category: Recipe