Frosted Cookies Halloween Ghosts.
You can cook Frosted Cookies Halloween Ghosts using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Frosted Cookies Halloween Ghosts
- It's of For the cookies:.
- You need 400 grams of Cake flour.
- It's 180 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 200 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare of For the icing:.
- Prepare 200 grams of Powdered sugar.
- It's 5 grams of Dried egg white powder.
- You need 30 grams of Water.
- You need of Black food coloring.
- Prepare of Decorations:.
- You need of Silver dragées.
- It's of Star shaped sugar decorations.
Frosted Cookies Halloween Ghosts step by step
- For the cookies:.
- Cream the unsalted butter. Add granulated sugar, vanilla extract and egg to the butter and mix well..
- Add cake flour in several batches, stirring well after each addition, then knead by hand..
- Divide the kneaded cookie dough into 5 to 6 pieces. Chill the dough for at least an hour in the refrigerator..
- Roll the dough out about 5mm thick, and cut out with a cookie cutter. Rolling the cookie dough out thinly will make the cookies easier to ice and better looking..
- Bake in a 340°F/170°C oven for about 10 minutes..
- For the icing:.
- Mix the dried egg white powder and water and let sit for 30 minutes..
- In the meantime, sift the powdered sugar. Add the sifted powdered sugar to the egg white liquid, and mix until shiny..
- Put the icing in a piping bag, and draw an outline around the edges of each cookie. Make the icing outlines really really thin. Wait until the outlines have totally dried..
- Add water to the remaining icing to soften..
- Pipe in the softened icing inside the outlines to fill them in. Wait until the icing has dried thoroughly..
- Mix the black food coloring in the icing. Add a tiny bit of water to the icing, so that's it's a consistency that's easy to draw with..
- Draw the faces on, with the piping bag held perpendicular to the cookie surface..
- Apply the decorations:.
- Stick on the decorations before the icing dries..
- Here's how the cookies look..
- A close up view..