Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang). How to Cook Beef Rendang (Coconut Milk Spicy Beef Stew) Beef rendang is an Indonesian spicy dish and no wonder the cooking is similar to our local dishes because Filipinos also have Indonesian ancestors. Beef Rendang - the best and most authentic beef rendang recipe you will find online! Spicy, rich and creamy Malaysian/Indonesian beef stew made with beef, spices and coconut milk.
An authentic Malaysian beef curry, the beef is braised in creamy coconut milk and spices until fall apart tender and served on a bed of rice. This easy recipe will show you how to make a delicious slow-cooked Indonesian Beef curry in coconut milk. This recipe is my attempt to recreate the Rendang Daging that I used to get with my take-aways at the Dapur Ibu many years ago. You can cook Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang)
- It's 1 1/2 Liter of coconut milk (I use 500 gram instant kara).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric leaf, torn and knotted.
- It's 6 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 stalk of lemon grass, bruised.
- You need 1-2 of spicies asam gelugur (gracinia atnoviridis).
- Prepare 10 pieces of red chilies, finely sliced.
- You need 1 kg of beef, fat and sinew removed cut into 3 cm cubes.
- You need of Spice (ground).
- It's of Spice (ground).
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of chopped galangel.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped turmeric.
- It's 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
- You need 250 gram of red chilies.
- It's 5 of shallots.
Again it is not a perfect copy but it is close. Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil. Add the garlic, shallot, galangal, turmeric, chile, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander, cumin, ginger. While beef rendang is the poster child, there are variations such as chicken rendang and lamb rendang.
Beef In Spicy Coconut Milk (Beef Rendang) instructions
- Simmer coconut with turmeric leaf, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and asam gelugur, slice chilies and ground spicies until the milk thickeness and become oily..
- Reduce heat, add beef and cook until tender..
- Stir occasionally until the spices dry and turn brown..
- Serve with yellow rice or white rice, and some pickle.
They are all absolutely delicious and best with rice, or Malaysian coconut milk rice (nasi lemak). The uniqueness of rendang, compared to any other slow-cooked beef curry, is that during the cooking process, the coconut milk reduces, and the oil separates from the coconut milk. This means that the beef is initially slow-cooked to tenderness in that creamy-spicy sauce, and then as the oil separates, it fries the beef, giving it a beautiful. Stir frequently as the sauce thickens. Reserving the baby leaves, pick the remaining mint leaves into the pan, toss well, then pour in the coconut milk and half a tin's worth of water.Category: Recipe