Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook. While beef rendang is the poster child, there are variations such as chicken rendang and lamb rendang. They are all absolutely delicious and best with rice, or Malaysian coconut milk rice (nasi lemak). Nasi lemak meaning 'oily/creamy rice', is a fragrant, Malaysian rice dish, cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf.
Thanks to MasterChef UK judges, we have a new version of our beloved Asian cuisine Rendang! Our home cook Wyatt Tan was inspired and has successfully created his own recipe for Crispy Chicken Rendang! This Nasi Lemak with Crispy Ayam Rendang dish is absolutely delicious! You can cook Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook
- It's of For rendang :.
- You need 1/4 of shredded coconut.
- It's 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- You need of Rendang paste :.
- It's 3 of shallot.
- Prepare 1 1/2 inch of galangal.
- It's 1 1/2 inch of ginger.
- You need 2 of lemongrass (white part).
- It's 6 of garlics.
- Prepare 10 of chilli pepper (dried).
- Prepare of Braising ingredients :.
- Prepare 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- It's 4 of cardamom pods (smashed).
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 2 of star anise pods.
- Prepare 1 of cinammon stick.
- It's 400 g of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 of kafir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 900 g of beef chunk (or can use chicken meat).
Spicy rendang,coconut rice and cucumber slices. When oil is heated, fry paste till aromatic and oil splits. Add mutton and all the other ingredients. Gently stir as not to break… The Nasi Lemak McD with Rendang Ayam and Nasi Lemak McD with Spicy Chicken McDeluxe cutlet or Grilled Chicken Burger (GCB) cutlet are now available at all McDonald's Malaysia restaurants nationwide.
Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook step by step
- If you use meat beef to make the meat soft enough.First prepare steamer. Wash the meat and take one of papaya leaf (wash clean)..
- Wrap the meat using papaya leaf..
- Steam them in medium high heat for 30 mins..
- Then remove the papaya leaf and steam the meat for another 15 to 20 mins over medium low heat..
- Make the rendang : Add the shredded coconut to a small pan and heat over medium-low heat.Cook,stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside..
- Combine the tamarind paste with 1/4 cup of hot water in a small bowl.Let soak until very tender.When you’re ready to use the paste,press and stir the paste to mix it with the water and squeeze out the tamarind pods.Discard the pods before using..
- Blend together all the rendang paste ingredients..
- Add the oil to a pot and heat over medium heat.Add the rendang paste and turn to medium-low heat.Cook and stir until the moisture is reduced and the paste begins to caramelize about 8 mins.
- Add the cardamom pod,cloves,and star anise pods.Cook and stir for 1 minute to release the fragrance..
- Add the beef and lemongrass stalks. Turn to medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until the beef is evenly coated.
- Add the coconut milk and soaked tamarind water (do not add the leftover tamarind chunks).Bring to a simmer. Reduce to low or very low heat,whichever is enough to maintain the very low simmer. Add the toasted shredded coconut, kaffir lime leaves, brown sugar, and salt. Stir a few times to mix well..
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef turns very tender. The process can take anywhere from 1 to 1 and half hour. When the braising liquid starts to turn golden brown, check on the pot more often, every 15 minutes or so, and stir and scrape the bottom to prevent burning. At the end of cooking, the rendang will turn golden brown and the oil will separate..
- Taste the rendang gravy and the beef. Adjust the seasoning by adding salt, if needed..
Nasi Lemak Wash the rice several times under running water until the water runs quite clear. If you love Malaysian food, you're going to love this nasi lemak recipe! Nasi lemak is Malaysia's most famous food, and literally means "coconut rice". It's always served with Malaysian sambal (which there are hundreds of varieties), a hard boiled egg, fried peanuts and dried anchovies. Coconut rice with Captain's curry chicken..Category: Recipe