Chicken Rendang - Malaysian Style. Here I have just the perfect chicken rendang recipe for you. Rendang originated from Indonesia but they are very popular and well loved by many in Malaysia. Chicken rendang is slow cooked and stewed in the rendang sauce and my chicken rendang recipe yields flavorful and tender chicken, with complex structure of flavors, with the intense aroma of the exotic spices.
This delightful dish has since been assimilated into the Malaysian culinary culture, and have been improvised to satisfy the local taste buds. A Malaysian classic dish, Chicken Rendang. Tender chicken in aromatic herbs and creamy coconut milk, all goodness in one pot. You can cook Chicken Rendang - Malaysian Style using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Rendang - Malaysian Style
- You need 500 gms of chicken curry cut.
- Prepare 2-3 of onions chopped.
- You need 1" of ginger chopped.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 2 stalks of lemon grass chopped.
- It's 1" of galangal chopped.
- It's 2 of green chililes.
- It's 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2-3 of dry red chillies.
- It's 3-4 of candlenuts / cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 4-5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of roasted fresh grated coconut.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2 of lime leaves, finely sliced.
- It's of lemon grass stalk, green chilies and few candlenuts to garnish (opt).
A traditional dish thats loved by everybody. I made this lovely chicken rendang lighter by using less amount of coconut milk and it taste wonderful just the same 🙂 Traditional Chicken Rendang Recipe: A Dry Curry Dish With Incredible Flavour. Rendang is a dry type of curry. Traditional Malaysian Chicken Rendang is a version of dry chicken curry dish and is one of the specialties in Malaysian cooking.
Chicken Rendang - Malaysian Style instructions
- Make a paste of the onions, ginger, garlic, galangal, red chillies, green chilies, candlenuts, tamarind paste, turmeric powder and lemongrass. Keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a non-stick pan and saute the chicken till light brown. Drain and keep aside. Heat remaining oil and saute the ground paste till the oil separates from the sides of the pan..
- Add the fried chicken and salt and mix well so that it is well coated with the masala. Now add the coconut milk and the kaffir lime leaves and simmer on low flame till the gravy thickens..
- Add the roasted coconut and combine well. Serve, garnished with lime leaves, candle nuts, lemon grass and chilies..
This Chicken Rendang is so rich in flavours and spices that you will never have enough once it's cooked. Chicken Rendang Recipe is a spicy, flavoursome Malaysian-Indonesian chicken stew with red chillies as the primary contributor to the heat in the dish which is mellowed down by coconut milk and the toasted coconut flakes. The Chicken Rendang is a semi-gravy dish, where the succulent pieces of chicken have a thick coating of the gravy. Chicken Rendang is a slow-cooked and stewed chicken dish, with a spice paste , coconut milk and toasted coconut flakes. The chicken should be soft and tender to the bite - not crispy.Category: Recipe