Christmas plum cake. Full of flavor, moist and perfect to enjoy in Christmas eve. Their plum cake is very popular and they make thousands at this time of the year. Amma had the recipe so I wanted to share it in time for Christmas.
As I made this wonderful cake, I cannot believe how fast this year went by. Plum cake is one of the most common Christmas cakes which is very popularly prepared in every household. Plum cake can be prepared with a variety of dry fruits and topped with cherries. You can have Christmas plum cake using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas plum cake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Flour/ maidha.
- Prepare 1 of tspn Baking powder.
- It's 1/2 of tspn Baking soda.
- It's 3 of Eggs.
- It's 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flavourless vegetable Oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 of tspn fresh Orange zest.
- It's 1 of tspn Vanilla essence.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cashews.
- It's of Spices.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn fresh Nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 of tspn cardamom powder.
- You need of For soaking dry fruits.
- It's 1 cup of mixed fruit / grape /orange juice.
- It's 1/4 cup of Black Raisins.
- It's 1/2 cup of Dates(pitted).
- It's 1/4 cup of Tutti frutti.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cherries.
- You need of Sugar syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of hot boiling Water.
Similar Recipe Chocolate Plum Cake Eggless Fruit Cake Microwave Fruit Cake. I want to try plum cake recipe for this Christmas. Christmas is a season for celebration and no celebration is complete without a cake, one of the most sought after cake in this context is Christmas Plum Cake. Soaking of Fruits: Wash and Soak all the dry fruits properly and leave in sunlight a whole day to dry up.
Christmas plum cake step by step
- Cut the dates and cherries. Soak them in fruit juice(I've used store bought mixed fruit juice) with rasins and tutti frutti for minimum half an hour or overnight..
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add sugar. Once sugar starts to melt lower flame and caramelize to get nice brown color(Do not burn the sugar). Add hot boiling water. (Move far while pouring as it splutters). Reduce this to get ½ cup sugar syrup. Keep aside to cool..
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks in two different mixing bowls..
- Beat the egg whites with an electric beater gradually increasing speed till fluffy and stiff peaks are formed. Add a pinch of salt while beating. Keep aside..
- Now beat the egg yolks in a separate mixing bowl..
- Powder sugar with 2 cloves and add to the egg yolks and beat in high speed till creamy..
- Add oil to the egg yolks mix. Beat. Now grate and add orange zest (taking care not to grate the white part as it gives a bitter taste) followed by vanilla essence. Beat again..
- Next add the ½ cup caramelized sugar syrup and continue beating..
- Now place a sieve over this and add flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix gently with a spatula using cut and fold method in same direction..
- Strain the dry fruits and add to the batter (without juice). Dust the cashews with some flour and add it to the batter and mix using cut and fold method..
- Now take the beaten eggwhits and add it to cake batter in 3 batches. Fold gently with spatula as previous step..
- Pour into a greased and dusted cake tray and top it with cashews..
- Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 45 min placing in the middle rack. Check with toothpick. If it comes out clean the cake is done or keep for 10 more minutes..
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then remove from cake pan. Slice and enjoy!.
What excites us most about winters are the festivities in the air. Christmas is almost here and people across the world are gearing up for the merry celebrations, followed by the big night of New Year's eve. This Plum cake is a recipe I have been following for years and is now a foolproof recipe that I turn to every Christmas. For best results, make it in advance and store it in a dark cool place for the flavours. Christmas is all about relishing fruitcakes and out of all the variants, the plum cake is the most Apart from being the most favourite Christmas cake ingredient, plums are also very well-known for their.Category: Christmas Meals