Slow Cooker Beef Rendang. Perhaps one of the most popular beef dishes in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, traditional beef rendang is a fragrant concoction of fresh lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, ginger and chilli cooked in coconut milk with a variety of spices and a slow-cooking cut of beef like chuck steak or shin. Occasionally, lamb or chicken may be used instead. Every bite creates an explosion of interesting and complex flavors in your mouth!
This slow cooker beef rendang recipe is a convenient way to enjoy tender slow-cooked beef in a fragrant coconut curry. Recipes Healthy Baking Christmas Quick & easy In season Slow cooker beef rendang curry is a dry curry so there is not going to be a thick curry sauce BUT there is going to be so much flavor packed in one bite you won't be able to stop eating it. Buy the book Amazon Waterstones Hive. You can have Slow Cooker Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Rendang
- Prepare 1.5 Kg of Chuck Steak.
- You need 1 of Stem Lemon Grass.
- Prepare 1 of Med Onion, chopped.
- It's 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Med Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need of Chili peppers.
- You need 3 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It's 1 of Cinnamon Stick or 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 8 of Fresh Curry Leaves, torn.
- It's 2 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 425 ml of can Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Put the marinated meat in the slow-cooker crock. Drizzle the soy sauce and Thai fish sauce over the meat and stir to coat well. Click save recipe to create an online cookbook. This recipe is: Dinner; Slow cooker; Gluten free; Soy free; Beef; This mildly spiced slow-cooked coconut beef is a delicious change from a regular beef casserole.
Slow Cooker Beef Rendang instructions
- Cut Beef into 3cm pieces.
- In food processor combine Lemon Grass, chilies, Onion, Garlic, and Ginger until smooth..
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions and ground spices. Cook stirring until Onion is soft..
- Add lemon grass mixture to the spices and and continue to cook, stirring until fragrant..
- Stir in beef, Cinnamon, Curry Leaves, and sugar..
- Put everything in crock pot and add the coconut milk. Simmer covered for 4 hours and then for an additional 4 hours uncovered..
- Serve with basmati rice and your choice of side dishes. I like it with garlic naan..
Enjoy with a big bowl of rice for a warming. This is the best slow cooker beef rendang recipe out there. Spicy, aromatic and fresh despite its long cooking time. Make sure you get your hands on a decent piece of beef and invite all the family round to sample this fragrant, thick, curry. If you haven't tried it before, it's a great gateway into Indonesian cooking and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.Category: Recipe