NasiLemak with Rendang and Lemongrass Friend Chicken and Sambal. It's always served with Malaysian sambal (which there are hundreds of varieties), a hard boiled egg, fried peanuts and dried anchovies. But it is often served with many other Malaysian dishes too, like beef rendang or spicy eggplant and more! In this recipe we're making it with lemongrass chicken!
Traditionally (and I only prefer to eat it this way), nasi lemak is packed in a banana leaf (that explains the package in the picture on the about page). Signatures include the Chicken Set which comes with a chicken wing, ikan bilis, sambal and a fried egg. If not, there are also the Nasi Lemak Otah Otah, Fish Fillet, Paru, Selar Kunning, Ayam Berempah and Combo sets. You can have NasiLemak with Rendang and Lemongrass Friend Chicken and Sambal using 32 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of NasiLemak with Rendang and Lemongrass Friend Chicken and Sambal
- Prepare of For the rice :.
- You need 3-5 of shallot (sliced).
- You need 2 inch of ginger (sliced).
- It's 1 of lemongrass (pounded).
- Prepare 3 of pandan leaves.
- It's 4 cups of normal or basmati rice.
- You need of if use basmati rice soak the rice for 30-45 mins.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of coconut milk.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It's 1 stick of cinammon.
- You need 2 of star anise.
- It's of Salt.
- Prepare of For the lemongrass chicken marinade :.
- You need 2 of lemongrass.
- You need 4 of garlic.
- It's 1/2 inch of ginger.
- It's 1 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- You need 2 of coriander root.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's of pounded all the ingredients on top.
- Prepare 4 of chicken legs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconul milk.
- You need 1 of egg light beaten.
- It's 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare of For garnish :.
- It's of Boiled egg.
- It's of Fry peanut.
- It's of Fry ikan bilis.
- Prepare Slices of cucumber.
Top up with ala carte items of Sambal Sotong - recommended, Bagedel, Ikan Bilis with Peanuts, Popcorn Chicken, Beef Rendang and. This hearty meal overflows with blue pea-infused coconut Basmati rice, fried chicken wings, beef rendang, sambal belacan crawfish, fried anchovies and peanuts, belado-spiced egg and pickled vegetables. But if you check out nasi lemak stalls operated by the Malays, expect robust and intense dishes like rendang, sambal goreng and spiced fried chicken. The Peranakans have also their own version, usually served with kangkung belachan and sambal shrimp.
NasiLemak with Rendang and Lemongrass Friend Chicken and Sambal instructions
- For the rice :.
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 to 45 mins then drain well..
- Fry shallot just until fragrant then add ginger,lemongrass fry about 2 to 4 mins then add cinammon stick and star anise..
- Saute just a while.
- Add the rice in and gentle mix them.make sure over low heat..
- After mix the rice with the ingredients..
- Transfer the rice in to rice cooker..
- Add the coconut milk,water and pandan leaves.
- Add salt.
- Check the rice half way through and give a gentle mix with chopstick..
- For the lemongrass chicken :.
- Rub the chicken with salt and wash clean.
- Dry the chicken using kitchen towel.
- Marinade the chicken with the paste.
- Add coconut milk,egg and rice flour.
- Marinade for 1 to 2 hours.Keep in refrigerator..
- Then deep fry until the meat is cook..
- For the rendang meat and sambal will be in different recipe page (^_^)*.
A humble pack of nasi lemak can even make your day complete. This is a Malaysian signature meal, nasi lemak with all its trimmings. Nasi lemak is rice cooked with coconut milk, served with spicy anchovies sambal (or sambal of your choice), spiced fried chicken, hard boiled eggs, slices of cucumber and peanuts. The principal ingredients for nasi lemak are rice and coconut milk, but using good chicken stock to replace water to heighten the flavor of Nasi Lemak is recommended. There are a few standard accompaniments for nasi lemak.Category: Recipe