Malaysia Rendang beef. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. First browned in a shallot, ginger, and lemon grass paste and a mixture of freshly ground coriander, cumin, and nutmeg, the bite-size pieces of beef are cooked in coconut milk until tender.
An authentic Malaysian beef curry, the beef is braised in creamy coconut milk and spices until fall apart tender and served on a bed of rice. Guys…I know I say this a lot, but this Beef Rendang recipe is my new favorite dish. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is an extravagantly rich dish that is easy to prepare but takes time and patience to slow cook. You can have Malaysia Rendang beef using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malaysia Rendang beef
- It's 1 kg of Beef (small slices).
- You need 2 stalk of cinnamon.
- It's 5 pcs of star arnise.
- You need 300 gm of coconuts crumbs.
- You need 10 pcs of lemon leaves.
- Prepare 5 stalk of lemon grass.
- You need 250 gm of chili paste.
- Prepare 200 gm of red onion puré.
- Prepare 100 gm of garlic puré.
- You need 4 pcs of galangal (smashed).
- Prepare 150 gm of madras curry powder.
- It's 25 gm of cardamon.
- Prepare 25 gm of spicecumin.
- You need 15 gm of turmeric.
- You need 150 gm of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
Unlike many curries, this is a "dry" curry which means the beef is not swimming in sauce. The best part is, this Malaysian beef rendang dish can be made in advance, as the flavors only get better if you allow it to sit in the fridge for a couple days. Audio "Intensely flavourful and rich, this traditional Malay beef rendang is a classic favourite during Eid, when Muslims in Singapore break their fast with a feast. Rendang is a dry curry that originated among the Minangkabau people of West Sumatra and later spread throughout Indonesia, Malaysia and into Singapore." Moist beef rendang is cooked much shorter than dry beef rendang.
Malaysia Rendang beef instructions
- Mixed all the ingredients in bowl except water and meat..
- Heat up the pot and add 4 table spoon of cooking oil, pour in the ingredients and stir it well. Cook until we smell the aroma. (around 10min).
- Add in the beef slices and stir well, cook it around 15mins then add in the water in high heat..
- Let it boil in medium heat around 1 hour until the water is reduced then is ready to served..
The cooking process ends when the coconut milk becomes a thick gravy of the rendang. Moist rendang is more popular in neighboring countries- Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, and southern Thailand. One of the exceptions is rendang Tok found in the state of Perak, Malaysia, which is dry. Rendang is a piece of meat — most commonly beef (rendang daging) — that has been slow cooked and braised in a coconut milk and spice mixture, well until the liquids evaporate and the meat turns dark brown and tender, becoming caramelized and infused with rich spices. While travelling around Malaysia, Gordon Ramsay helps an auntie prepare a beef rengdang. #GordonRamsay #Cooking Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course - htt.Category: Recipe