Indonesian Crispy Corn Fritters 🇲🇨. Indonesian Corn Fritters (also known as bakwan jagung or perkedel jagung) are surprisingly easy to make with everyday ingredients. Packed with juicy corn kernels and zingy flavour from kaffir lime and ground spices, these Indonesian corn fritters are crispy, crunchy, and totally addictive! Bakwan Jagung is Indonesian for corn fritters.
Bala Bala (Indonesian crispy vegetable fritters) is basically deep-fried vegetables in a crispy batter. The most common vegetables that are used to make Bala Bala are shredded carrot, shredded cabbage and bean sprout. However, you can use any kinds of vegetables that you like. You can cook Indonesian Crispy Corn Fritters 🇲🇨 using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Crispy Corn Fritters 🇲🇨
- Prepare 7 of Yellow corn (Cut).
- It's 1 of Yellow Corn (Shredded).
- Prepare 80 g of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 100 g of Rice Flour.
- You need 1 Stalk of Celery (chopped).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 4 stalk of Green Onions (Chopped).
- It's 1 of Small of Onion (Chopped).
- You need 2 Tsp of Chicken Flavor(Optional).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of White Sugar.
- You need 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- It's 1/4 Cup of Water.
- You need of Salt-Pepper (as you needed).
- Prepare of Cooking Oil.
For example: corn, shredded potato or sweet potato. Crispy Indonesian corn fritters, known as Perkedel Jagung or Bakwan Jagung. It's the perfect summer snack that tastes delicious and can be made with fresh, frozen or canned corn kernels. Corn is must-have fresh produce in the summer months.
Indonesian Crispy Corn Fritters 🇲🇨 instructions
- In a medium sized bowl, mixed together the corn, egg, green onion, onion, white sugar, water, flour, rice flour, chicken flavor, baking powder, celery, salt and pepper, Stir until well combined..
- Place a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add frying oil to a depth of 1 1/2 to 2 inches.Working in batches, gently place 6 large spoons of corn mixture at a time in the pan. Fry both sides for 3 to 4 minutes until it becomes golden brown..
- Transfer the fritters to paper towels to drain the excess oil off them. Repeat with the remaining corn, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Enjoy!😉.
Looking for a new way to create corn-based dish? Bakwan Jagung or also known as Sate Jagung and Perkedel Jagung in other regions in Indonesia, is a tasty, crunchy and easy-to-cook fritter. Jagung is literally means corn in Indonesian, both fresh corn or canned are good to use as the main ingredient of this snack. Not only serve as snack, this Asian fritter also often serve as side dish. Fresh corn needs a couple of seconds extra time to cook through without the outside of the fritter burning.Category: Recipe