Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado). That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly versatile. Use ANY vegetables - raw or cooked!
This Indonesian salad is true to its name, gado-gado, meaning "potpourri." Assorted vegetables, tofu, eggs, and shrimp chips are dressed in peanut sauce. This is a simplified version of the splendid Indonesian salad called gado gado, which along with satay is practically a national dish, often served with crunchy shrimp crackers. It uses shortcut ingredients in the sauce--peanut butter, curry paste--to speed things along. You can cook Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado)
- It's of Vegetables (ex:carrot,lettuce,bean sprout,tomato,cucumber etc).
- Prepare of Boiled potato.
- You need of Rice cake (lontong).
- Prepare of Hard boiled egg.
- You need of Fried tofu.
- You need of Fried tempeh.
- Prepare of Tapioca crackers (krupuk).
- You need of Peanut Sauce Dressing.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbs of chili powder or paprika powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of tamarind paste or to taste.
- Prepare 100 gr of coconut sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sugar.
- You need to taste of Ground white pepper.
- Prepare 150 gr of natural peanut butter (no salt/sugar added).
- Prepare 500 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It's of Note :.
- You need of If you don't have peanut butter, use 200 gr ground fried peanut.
- You need of If you don't have coconut sugar, use granulated sugar.
For a spicier dressing, stir in sambal oelek or Sriracha. Gado-Gado - Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce. Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce.
Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) instructions
- Cut/slice the vegetables as you like. Set aside..
- Cut the remaining ingredients (potato, rice cake, egg, tofu, tempe) as you like..
- How to make Peanut Sauce Dressing : fry the garlic clove until golden brown..
- Put fried garlic, chili powder, peanut butter, coconut milk and water in the blender. Blend all together until smooth..
- Pour it into a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat..
- Add coconut sugar, salt and sugar..
- Stir until it bubbles. Add tamarind paste..
- Keep stirring it until it boils hard and looks oily. If it hasn't looked oily, keep stirring it and lower the heat down. Make sure to taste it and add sugar/salt/tamarind if needed..
- When the peanut sauce is ready, cool it down..
- How to serve : Put veggies and everything else, except the crackers, onto a serving plate. Drizzle the peanut sauce as much as you like 😊. Put the crackers on top. Enjoy. (The best way to eat it is to mix everything all together)..
Gado gado is a hearty cooked vegetable salad from Indonesia. The delicious peanut sauce has a small amount of pungent belacan (fermened and dried shrimp paste) that adds a complex flavour, but if. Indonesian Sambal Kacang recipe (peanut sauce for gado gado) from the book Indonesian regional cooking. Agado gado recipe from Rasa Malaysia. Gado gado surabaya style on Indonesia eats.Category: Recipe