Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy). The latter is called kwetiau siram because the word "siram" in Indonesian means to pour, which is exactly what this dish is: egg gravy poured over lightly stir-fried flat rice noodles! Growing up, this Chinese-Indonesian dish has always been a favourite in our home since it's so easy and quick to make, yet it's still super yummy. Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) instructions First, make sure the fresh rice noodles are at temperature.
If you are the one that is seeking the recipe information, then this is actually the right website page. Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Rice-flat Noodle) - Indonesia. Kwetiau Siram (Flat Rice Noodles with Gravy) can be found in some Chinese restaurants in Indonesia. You can cook Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy)
- It's 1 portion of fresh flat rice noodles.
- It's 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Ingredients for gravy :.
- It's 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 of onion, sliced lengthwise.
- It's 1 of carrot, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of celery, sliced.
- It's 6-7 of broccoli florets.
- Prepare 6 of shrimp,peeled and cleaned up the dirt.
- It's 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- It's 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, dissolved with 1 tablespoon water.
- It's 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
The rice noodles are served with the gravy poured on top of it. Siram means pour and hence, the name Kwetiau Siram. The gravy itself is made of soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, water, and chicken bouillon. Bakmi - yellow wheat noodles with egg and meat.
Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) instructions
- First, make sure the fresh rice noodles are at temperature. If the noodles are really cold and stiff from refrigeration, rinse them quickly under hot tap water when you are ready to stir-fry the dish. This extra step will help you avoid a big homogenous lump of noodles during stir-frying. Be sure to shake off any excess water after rinsing and use them immediately. If using dried rice noodles, soak in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain off water..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet. When it's hot, toss the rice noodles with 1 tsp of soy sauce. Stir fry until the noodles started to soften and turn lightly brown and you might have some "char" spot. Remove from the wok and put on a serving plate..
- How to make the gravy : Wipe the wok clean and add 1 Tbsp of oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the vegetables and stir fry until they started to soften a little bit, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add the water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, ground pepper and bring to a boil..
- Give the cornstarch solution a stir and then pour it in and continue to stir until the gravy gets thickened a little..
- Gradually pour in the beaten egg while one hand continue to stir. It's like making an egg drop soup. Have a taste and add more salt if needed..
- Pour the pipping hot thick gravy over the noodles. Serve immediately..
Bihun - rice vermicelli, thin form of rice noodles. Kwetiau - flat or thick rice noodles made of rice. Locupan - white semi-transparent noodles made of rice flour. Makaroni - dry pasta shaped like narrow tubes. Mi jagung - noodles made of corn starch.Category: Recipe