Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken. Buy Indonesian Nasi Goreng Mix Instant Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian foods - and I'm betting you will love it too. 🙂 Nasi Goreng is Indonesian-style fried rice typically flavored with shrimp paste, chili, tamarind, and kecap manis.
Keep it vegan with Turmeric Tofu or add an egg (or chicken or shrimp!) - up to you! A fast and healthy dinner recipe the whole family will love. Nasi Goreng, in a nutshell, is Indonesian Fried Rice. You can cook Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken
- Prepare 400 gr of basmati rice.
- It's 300 gr of chicken.
- It's 2 of shallots.
- It's 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 1 of cucumber.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need of Salt.
- It's of Sweet thick soya sauce (kecap manis).
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Ground spices for the rice:.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 2 of garlic.
- Prepare of Salt.
It's simple food, typically made with leftover ingredients, and varies quite a bit. If you love fried rice, you should try this Indonesian Fried Rice with chicken (Nasi Goreng Ayam). Nasi Goreng is a delicious spicy stir-fried rice. It's more flavourful than regular fried rice with the addition of shrimp paste, fish sauce, tamarind and a few other goodies.
Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken step by step
- Cook the basmati rice as per instructions on the package. Set aside once cooked..
- Grind the spices: coriander seeds, pepper, and garlic..
- Diced the chicken and the tomato. Slice the shallots and grate the carrot..
- Heat the oil up until it turns gold and lower the heat. Toss the ground spices and shallots until it smells good..
- Set the heat to medium and put the chicken until it is well cooked. Then put the grated carrot..
- Set the heat to high and add the rice, salt, pepper, and the sweet thick soya sauce. Cook and stir until the rice turns brown. Taste to correct..
- Fry the eggs separately..
- Serve the fried rice with sliced cucumber and the fried eggs..
- Other tasty adds-on that you will normally get with the dish when ordered in a restaurant are: krupuk (crisps), satay (grilled meat with peanut sauce), acar (pickles), and sambal (spicy sauce).
Topped with a runny fried egg (those crispy edges are a must!), this classic Asian meal makes a great family dinner. When you're in the mood for street food at home, this is the one to go for. Nasi goreng (which translates to fried rice in Indonesian and Malay) is one of my all time favourites, a real comfort dish of fried rice with a mix of meat, vegetables and seasonings. This chicken nasi goreng recipe from Lara Lee's Indonesian cookbook, Coconut & Sambal, combines rice, chicken and green beans with aromatic garlic, galangal or ginger, shallots, plus turmeric, soy sauce, kecap. Nasi goreng is essentially Indonesia's take on fried rice.Category: Recipe