Tahu and Tempe bacem/Very Indonesian favourite dish. Tahu and Tempe bacem/Very Indonesian favourite dish Great recipe for Tahu and Tempe bacem/Very Indonesian favourite dish. Bacem or baceman is a cuisine of Central Java, also an area in the eastern province of Yogyakarta (Mataraman). Yogyakarta people like bacem which is sweetly flavored, namely with the distinctive flavor of brown sugar. "Bacem" actually is a way to preserve food products, usually tempeh and tofu.
This dish is very popular in Central Java and East Java regions, Indonesia.. Tahu Tempeh Bacem What is bacem? Bacem or baceman is a type of food preparation/cooking technique by slowly simmering food (especially tofu and tempeh) in salt, sugar, spices, and herbs in a covered pot until the simmering liquid is reduced and the seasonings are fully absorbed. You can cook Tahu and Tempe bacem/Very Indonesian favourite dish using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tahu and Tempe bacem/Very Indonesian favourite dish
- Prepare 2 of block of Tahu/ Ta Kwa.
- Prepare 2 of Block of Tempe.
- Prepare 4 piece of garlic.
- Prepare 5 piece of candle nut.
- It's 5 piece of small red onions.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of 5 to 6 tablspoon of ABC Indonesian sweat sauce, or as needed.
- You need pinch of of gula malaka/coconut sugar to make the taste even better.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Ginger,or ground ginger if you have.
- It's of galangal/yellow ginger.
- You need 2 stick of serai/Lemon grass.
- Prepare 2 piece of Daun salam/ Indonesian salam leaf.
- It's 3 tbsp of vegetable oil to fry the seasonings.
- You need 1 cup of of water.
This cooking technique originates in Central Java, and nowadays very common throughout the entire island of Java. Popular Indonesian Dishes For Vegetarians Tempe dan Tahu Bacem. You have heard about Tahu, right? However, Tempe, or the sister of tofu, isn't gaining the same popularity—but I guess it's going that way slowly.
Tahu and Tempe bacem/Very Indonesian favourite dish step by step
- Grind the garlic, onion, candle nut untill smooth.
- Cut the Ta Kwa and tempe in to a medium quarter.
- Fry the grinder ingredients untill the smells come out.put in the ingredients, and fry it untill all the seasoning are smells good after that put in tha Ta Kwa and the tempe ABC sauce, salt pepper, coconut sugar, boiled until the water become sauce sticky., Serve it with hot rice..
A collection of Indonesian recipes made from tahu (tofu), tempe (tempeh) and vegetables. Crispy spiced fried Corn or Bakwan Jagung/Dadar Jagung is very simple side dish. My mom used to make it in a quite big quantity when I was still living in Surabaya. Even though nobody didn't really eat it all because it was too much for us. The tofu in this dish soaks up so much of the sauce that each piece is a little flavour-bomb ready to go off in your mouth.Category: Recipe