Nasi Goreng Jawa (Javanese Fried Rice). It is an Indonesian one-dish meal favorite, although street food hawkers commonly sell it together with nasi goreng (fried rice). There are some varieties of mie goreng, chinese or oriental style, javanese, or other style from other regions in Indonesia. Nasi goreng jawa (Indonesian for Javanese fried rice, Javanese: sega goreng jawa) is a Javanese-style of fried rice originated frpm Java.
This Nasi Goreng Jawa (Javanese Fried Rice) recipe is commonly used for Indonesian. They usually make the fried rice without any meat, then later serve either with omelette or fried egg (or we call it Telur Mata Sapi), fried chicken and prawn cracker (krupuk udang). Another version of Indonesian fried rice! You can cook Nasi Goreng Jawa (Javanese Fried Rice) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nasi Goreng Jawa (Javanese Fried Rice)
- It's 2 of plates cooked white rice (leftover rice, put in the refrigerator for a night, is recommended).
- Prepare 1 tsp of terasi (shrimp paste - picture and explanation on previous post).
- You need 100 gr of bean sprouts.
- It's 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For the ground spices:.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 cloves of shallots.
- It's 6 of red chili peppers (jalapeno or serano - you can reduce or add more if you like spicy food).
- It's 3 of birds eye chili peppers (optional).
- You need of For the complement:.
- You need 2 of sunny side up eggs 🍳.
- You need of Indonesian prawn crispy crackers.
- Prepare of Some cucumber and tomato.
Some people call it Nasi Goreng Jawa aka Javanese Fried Rice because it's originally from Java (one of the biggest islands in Indonesia). Some people call it Nasi Goreng Terasi aka Terasi (Shrimp Paste) Fried Rice because it uses 'terasi' as one of the ingredients. Menu nasi goreng jawa yang sering kali dijual oleh pedagang-pedagang masakan kaki lima. Javanese Fried Rice is a fried rice made using spice paste and cooked meatless.
Nasi Goreng Jawa (Javanese Fried Rice) instructions
- Heat the oil in the wok over medium-heat. Sauté the ground spices until fragrant..
- Add ‘terasi’ (shrimp paste). Mix well..
- Add rice. Keep stirring until the rice blended with the ground spices..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Add bean sprouts. Stir again for a minute or two..
- Serve with sunny side up eggs, crispy crackers, cucumber and tomato slices! 😋.
Nonetheless, we can also add chicken meat or beef or even dried shrimps (ebi) into the mix. Javanese Fried Rice/ Nasi Goreng Jawa Add rice, sweet soy sauce, salt, and sugar. Add in shredded chicken, cabbage, and scallion. Serve Javanese fried rice with its complements. Nasi Goreng Jawa (Javanese Fried Rice) In Indonesian & English.Category: Recipe