Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings). Browse Our Variety Of Easy Salad Recipes Online Only At Kraft®. This Indonesian salad is true to its name, gado-gado, meaning "potpourri." Assorted vegetables, tofu, eggs, and shrimp chips are dressed in peanut sauce. This is a simplified version of the splendid Indonesian salad called gado gado, which along with satay is practically a national dish, often served with crunchy shrimp crackers.
Gado-Gado - Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce. Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. You can cook Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings)
- You need of Lontong (Indonesian rice cake).
- You need 2 of medium potato, boiled, peeled, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 1 of medium cucumber, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 150 gr of bean sprouts, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- Prepare 200 gr of long beans, trimmed, cut into 1.5 inches pieces, boiled or baby spinach, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- Prepare 2 pieces of fried tofu, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 2 pieces of fried soy bean cake, cut into small chunks.
- You need 8 sheets of lettuce, cut.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 tsp of coconut sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tamarind juice, from 1 tsp wet tamarind mixed with 2 tbsp water.
- Prepare 200 ml of instant coconut milk.
- It's 3 of kaffir lime leaves, cut away the bones.
- It's 200 gr of peanuts, fried, ground.
- Prepare of For the ground spices:.
- It's 8 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of red peppers.
- It's 1 inch of cutchery.
- You need of For the complement:.
- It's 2 of tomatoes, divided by 8.
- It's 2 of hard cooked large eggs, peeled, halved.
- Prepare of Emping (Indonesian chips).
- You need of Indonesian crispy crackers.
- It's of Chili sauce (made of 8 bird eyes chili peppers and 4 cloves garlic, boiled, drained, ground).
Gado gado literally means mixed mixed in Indonesian. It is a well known dish originated from Indonesia, which has many versions to it. It is great served on its own as a light meal or as a side dish to accompany a meat dish. Gado gado recipe: tasty salad with spicy peanut dressing.
Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) instructions
- Heat the vegetable oil. Sauté ground spices and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add ground peanuts. Mix well..
- Add coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt. Keep stirring constantly until boiling..
- Add tamarind juice. Mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Arrange rice cake chunks, boiled potato, cucumber, bean sprouts, spinach, fried tofu, fried soy bean cake, and lettuce on a plate. Pour some sauce. Serve with the complement! 😋.
Gado gado might be one of our favourite healthy lunch ideas -it's crunchy, colourful and packed full of flavour. Gado gado is a popular Indonesian salad dish that's crunchy, colourful. Gado gado is a traditional Indonesian salad. It often contains potatoes and green beans and might also include hard boiled eggs. Gado gado literally translates as mix mix and it's a very versatile salad.Category: Recipe