Christmas Eve Grits.
You can have Christmas Eve Grits using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas Eve Grits
- You need 1 cup of grits.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 cup of diced smoked ham.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of Colby Monterey Jack cheese.
- It's 1 cup of diced seriously sharp white cheddar Vermont cheese.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- It's 4 tablespoons of butter.
Christmas Eve Grits step by step
- Dice or cube your cheeses.
- Add salt and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Dice the ham and add to the pot. Add the butter, let it boil 7 minutes. Stir in the grits..
- Cook the grits till creamy. Stirring often so as to not let those grits clump up. Stir the cheesy grits till done. Serve adding black pepper to taste..